Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer



Took the kids to the pool today. It was like, 103 degrees in the shade!! We were so hot, my dear husband took mercy on us and sent us to the pool. And I remembered to take my camera.



We splashed, and played and had some wet fun, for sure. This is Jackson, trying to figure out how to do flips under water. He eventually got it!



This image is Camryn playing in the sprinkler that they had laid out to keep the sidewalk cool. It was so hot, you couldn't stand on the dry ground for even a second! If you click on it, you can see the sprinkles!



I love the look on her face in this one. I think I'll title it, "All Ashore That's Going Ashore!"




In this one, she just looks so disgusted to see the camera show up! It's like, "Mom, do we have to do this NOW??"

After we swam, we walked around a small park in town to scout out the lighting for a senior portrait shoot I'm doing next week. The kids enjoyed just walking around exploring, all the while my shutter went click, click, click. They enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed myself.



I just love it when they are getting along. All is right with the world, when my children are smiling.



Of course, we were hot and sweaty when we got done at the park, then we were ready to hit the pool again . . . but it was closed.

Ah, the lazy hazy days of summer, you gotta love 'em.

smile,
da

3 comments:

Jessica's Visions said...

What a fun day!! Thanks for sharing!! I love all the pics!! The sprinler one is very cool and I love your water pics they came out so crisp and clear!:)
Isn't it just so nice when they get along???
Love the new slideshow too!!

tiffani sunshine said...

Cool slideshow da!! Love your pics from the pool. I especially love the look on your daugter's face in the last one....it's priceless. The one of the two of them together looking toward the camera is just adorable! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»